Mitchell Board of Education to review administration salaries – Mitchell Republic
MITCHELL — The Mitchell Board of Education will consider administrator salaries for the 2022-23 school year at its next meeting.
The board is scheduled to meet at 5 p.m. on Monday, April 11 in Room 10 of the Mitchell Career & Technical Education Academy.
The board will review the salaries of 14 district administrators. Joe Graves, superintendent of the Mitchell School District, recommends a 6% increase for these administrators.
“As the compensation increases for certified and classified employees are now determined, the amount of the funding formula – 6% – is known and the 2% increase in health insurance is announced, I am ready to recommend compensation levels to the administration for the 2022-23 school year,” Graves said in his diary notes. “I recommend that the district offer a contract to each of the following administrators, based on their salary 2021-22.”
Salaries listed below are for the 2021-22 school year.
- Cory Aadland, Operations Manager, $87,711
- Sherri Becker, Program Director (0.7 FTE), $59,685
- Leann Carmody, Director of Food Services, $69,407
- Joe Childs, Principal of Mitchell High School, $106,962
- Steve Culhane, Commercial Director, $120,550
- Chris Gubbrud, principal of Gertie Belle Rogers Elementary, $74,766
- Lisa Heckenlaible, principal of Longfellow Elementary, $80,504
- Levi Hohn, CTO, $59,871
- Craig Mock, Vice-Principal of Mitchell High School, $87,727
- Bobby Reindl, Vice Principal of Mitchell Middle School, $64,770
- Becky Roth, LB Williams Elementary Principal, $86,315
- John Sieverding, director of buildings and grounds, $72,964
- Shane Thill, Deputy Principal of Mitchell High School/Principal of Second Chance, $83,129
- John Tyler, Principal of Mitchell Middle School, $81,600
The board may also consider the 2022-23 compensation for Graves, which as of the 2021-22 school year was $154,403.
The examination of these salaries may give rise to an executive meeting of the council.
The board should also conduct its regular review of the various board policies at the meeting.
The board reviews three sections of board policies, so the entire K-12 board book is reviewed every four years. This summer, sections for review include sections 1000 to 1200. These policies and recommended changes can be found in the documents provided to the board.
Full policies can be found under
from the school district’s website.
The board is expected to act on the following staff moves:
- Certified New Recruits of Mitchell High School science teacher Amanda Lynch, $48,500; Anthony DeLaTorre, social studies at Second Chance High, $44,750; Mackenzie Larson, $48,628; Sydnee Foster, elementary school teacher, $47,000; Heather Kayser, elementary school teacher and assistant track coach in middle school, $47,000, $1,319 for assistant track coach pay; Jenna Miller, Grade 7 math teacher, Grades 6 and 8 CTE teacher at Mitchell Middle School, $49,453; Ashley Brua, loop teacher of grades 1 and 2, $50,250; Victory Erwin, 8th grade ELA teacher at Mitchell Middle School, $53,836; Charlotte Haag, special education at Longfellow Elementary, $47,000; Hannah Wehlander, music teacher at Gertie Belle Rogers Elementary and MS musical, $47,000, $1,479 for musical compensation; Corey Flatten, 8th grade ELA at Mitchell Middle School and 9th grade football coach, $50,500, $3,281 for football coaching compensation; Jordan McKean, PH/W teacher at Mitchell Middle School, VS assistant track coach, 9th grade football assistant coach, $47,000, VS $2,637. track assistant coach pay and $2,370 for grade 9 football assistant coach pay; Jacey Jira, co-director of the 21st Century Grant at Longfellow Elementary, $10,999. All moves are effective for the 2022-23 school year.
- The new ranked hire of Hannah Ziebarth, parade educator at LB Williams Elementary, $14 per hour, 7 hours per day, beginning in the 2022-23 school year.
- The leave request of Allison Pierson, an ELA teacher at Mitchell Middle School, beginning in the 2022-23 school year.
- The transfers of Sara Steckel, a CTE teacher at Mitchell Middle School in 7th grade math to Mitchell Middle School and Chad Lentsch, an 8th grade earth science teacher at Mitchell Middle School in 7th grade life science, both beginning in 1998. school year 2022-23.
- A furlough for Kelsey Berletic, a 7th grade math teacher at Mitchell Middle School, beginning at the end of the 2021-22 school year.
- The resignations of Kailyn Huska, speech and debate coach at Mitchell High School, effective at the end of the 2021-22 school year pending a suitable replacement; Walter Moody, elementary school teacher currently on furlough; Kelli Mueller, science teacher at Mitchell Middle School, effective at the end of the 2021-22 school year; Nicole Nelson, elementary school teacher at Longfellow Elementary, beginning at the end of the 2021-22 school year; Catherine Woodmansey, music teacher at Gertie Belle Rogers Elementary, beginning at the end of the 2021-22 school year; Mika Faulhaber, elementary school teacher at Gertie Belle Rogers Elementary, beginning at the end of the 2021-22 school year; Cole Knippling, math teacher at Mitchell High School and head women’s basketball coach, beginning at the end of the 2021-22 school year; Nikki Rodas, Spanish teacher at Mitchell High School, beginning at the end of the 2021-22 school year; Monica Alm, Grade 3 teacher at LB Williams Elementary School, effective at the end of the 2021-22 school year; Natasha Stern, parade educator at LB Williams Elementary, beginning April 14, 2022; Alexandra Davis, ELA teacher at Mitchell High School, beginning at the end of the 2021-22 school year and Sterling Dockweiler, freshman football coach at Mitchell High School, beginning at the end of the 2021- 22 pending a suitable replacement.
- The retirement of Marcy Jones, PH/W teacher at Mitchell Middle School, effective at the end of the 2021-22 school year.
- New Mitchell Technical College is hiring Campus Store Assistant Lisa Tischler, $18 per hour, effective April 1, 2022; Heather Kulm admissions representative, $8,640 until June 30, starting April 25, 2022 and Donna Peterson, temporary summer babysitter, $15 per hour, starting May 9, 2022.
- The resignations from Mitchell Technical College of Admissions Representative Jamie McGowan, Jr., effective March 15, 2022, and Wind Energy Instructor Brian Roberts, effective at the end of the 2021-22 school year.
Also on Monday, the board is expected to:
- Consider approving a workers’ compensation settlement through the Associated School Boards of South Dakota Protective Trust. An executive session may be part of this endorsement.
- Consider declaring the Mitchell Technical College Training Center building as surplus so that it can be sold at a later date.
- Consider allowing membership in the South Dakota High School Activities Association.
- Consider approving a motion for adoption and renewal and a participation agreement with the ASBSD for the South Dakota School District Benefits Fund for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Consider a resolution to approve the ASBSD Protective Trust Agreement and Articles of Association for the 2022-23 school year.
- Consider a renewal motion and a participation agreement with the ASBSD for the workers’ compensation fund for the 2022-23 school year.
- Listen to reports from council members.
- Listen to the superintendent’s report.
- Listen to audience feedback.
The meeting is open to the public. The Mitchell Republic will broadcast the meeting live.