Wothe Returns as Principal of Menahga Middle School – Park Rapids Enterprise
Ann Wothe was reinstated as Principal of Menahga College.
The Menahga School Board has also approved a K-8 and 9-12 building configuration, beginning in the 2022-23 school year. This was recommended by Acting Superintendent Kevin Wellen and incoming Superintendent Jason Kjos.
In other cases, the school board has done the following:
- Accepted resignation letters from primary school teacher Elyssa Blaha, effective June 3; paraprofessional Roxanne Kriens, starting June 2; Cassy Smith, elementary teacher, starting June 3; and goaltender Steven Wikman, starting June 8.
- Approved the purchase of a new lawn mower, not exceeding the amount of $15,484.
- Approved the purchase of 25 iPads for the summer art program, not to exceed the amount of $18,000. Wellen reported that art teacher Tiffany Besonen has agreed to add an arts component to the district’s summer STEM learning loss program.
- I learned that the program the district uses to manage their meal data no longer supports schools, so they are moving to Infinite Campus. There will be a charge of $6,630 for the coming year and an ongoing cost of approximately $2,000 per year thereafter.
- Approved the work assignment of Norma Dissmore and Julia Kicker as FCCLA Co-Advisors for 2022-23.
- Approved Reading Specialist position.